While there’s no right or wrong way to cook your food, there are certain reasons to choose either a gas or a charcoal grill depending on your preference. Before you stop by your local hearth and home store, you should consider a few things about each type of grill when purchasing your next one.
Benefits to Using a Gas Grill
A significant benefits of a gas grill is that there is no need to wait for the charcoal to ignite. A lot of people who use gas grills like them for convenience reasons. It is ready to be used right after you turn it on, so it’s great for some quick grilling. As well as the efficiency of using a gas grill, here are some other benefits of gas grills:
- Gas is usually a cheaper option than charcoal
- Gas grills are easier to clean than charcoal grills
- Gas grills can be hooked up to the gas line in your home
- Some gas grills come with extras which can include burners or a smoke box.
- Gas grills give off steam and it can give off good moisture to the meat you are cooking
Gas grills are very easy and simple grills to be able to use. Some gas grills are produced to use both gas and charcoal so that you can switch between the two depending on what you’re feeling that day. Just remember these grills are usually on the more expensive side.
Benefits of Using Charcoal Grills
Charcoal grills are a lot less expensive than gas grills are. Charcoal grills can be as cheap as under $100 if you get a standard model. Besides the cost, here are some more advantages to buying a charcoal grill:
- Heated coals will cook your food without using much of a flame
- Charcoal grills are a more portable than gas grills. This makes them great for camping trips or weekend getaways where you want to do some grilling.
- Charcoal can become hotter than gas
- You can’t turn the heat down on a charcoal grill, but you can leave some areas without the briquettes in order to control the heat
- Many people like the smokey flavor a charcoal grill gives their grilled food, so they are a popular option for those who do.
New England Hearth & Home can help you choose a grill that is the right fit for you! Contact us to learn more about our grill options and our professionals can help you choose the right one. Give us a call or fill out our contact form for more information.